Here are a few ideas of what you might include, and in what order...:
- Background information / context of your topic.
- Your Title (so far – this could change later).
- The overall Aims for your project – what you mean to do, why it is necessary.
- A short Literature Review – some indicative sources, show there is relevant information out there.
- Your Methodology – which approach you will use and why; how you will carry out your research and why you chose this method; with whom? When? Where?
- Any problems that you anticipate, and how you will overcome them.
- Ethical considerations (eg confidentiality, consent, data protection).
- Potential outcomes – summarise what you hope will emerge from your work (eg “a guide to good practice…”, “detailed insight into…” etc) NB don’t second guess the results.
- A Timeline or Gantt Chart outlining your plan for carrying out the work.
- A Reference List / Bibliography.
Further information and guidance for writing extended projects is available in the "Dissertations" folder here.