Wednesday 16 May 2012

Making the Web Work for You 1 - RSS

Here's something that could completely change the way you use the internet.

According to Reade (no date), web-users only visit six websites on a regular basis. Rather than individually checking the same websites for information each day to see if anything has changed or what new articles have been uploaded, why not get your favourite websites to notify YOU of their updates automatically?

The easiest way to do this is by RSS Feed. This video outlines how this works.



These were a revelation to me when I started using them. They are really easy to set up and save hours of time - now I only have to check one website every morning for all my news, rather than trawling through all my favourites one after the other.

Reade, Quentin (no date) Webusers only visit six sites [Internet]. Available at: http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/top-stories/374958/web-users-only-visit-six-sites [Accessed: 07 May 2012].

No comments:

Post a Comment